Coaches will work within an established women’s program with preteam (level 1-3) and compulsory (level 3-4) athletes.
- Coach Women’s Levels 1-4.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of USAG rules, deductions, etc.
- Safely and effectively manage large groups of athletes, possibly multiple levels simultaneously.
- Providing support to Program Directors to create level specific training plans.
- Communicating effectively with parents regarding skill progress, scheduling, etc.
- Weekly/Bi-weekly planning meetings with Program Directors.
- Administrative work may be required.
- Traveling to meets with athletes (most within Michigan).
- Staying up to date on USAG certifications and rules/requirements.
- Possible “crossover” coaching opportunities within the pre-team, recreational/preschool and special event programs.
- Gymnastics/Fitness Center environment
- Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to run, jump and be physically active
- Ability to work well with children
Benefits & Compensation
- Full time positions include health, vision and dental benefits, paid personal time and paid holidays.
- Compensation and benefits appropriate with experience and position
Education requirements, certifications, work experience
- Specialization in Women’s Level 1-4 is required
- Experience with competitive athletes is desired
- Must have detailed knowledge of USAG routines, rules, deductions, etc.
- Level appropriate spotting knowledge is desired
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service abilities
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow an outlined agenda of events, as well as the ability to improvise if required
- A positive, outgoing and personable personality is required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task at a fast pace
- Must be available to work nights and weekends